Mount Baldy and Domerie Peak
Our party of 11 (largely assembled on Northwest Hikers
) parked on road
4818 about a mile from I-90 exit 70. The road was only plowed for 100
feet. Here we found two guys in a small car, they said they had been
stuck there all night. After digging them out we hiked the roads to
the Silver Creek trailhead.
From the trailhead we followed the trail across the bridge over Silver
Creek, then headed east cross country to the 3,480'+ saddle between
Easton Ridge and point 4,942'. From the saddle we headed N then NE up
the ridge to point 4,942'.
From the saddle onward route was very pretty, first we had a cliff to
the west and gentle forest to the east. Once the ridge got steeper
the trees opened up and gave us nice views to the south. Once we
reached point 4,942' we found great views to the north of the Teanaway
and the Stuart Range.
The ridge east to Mount Baldy and then Domerie Peak went well with no
difficulties. Baldy's summit was bare of snow and had 360 degree
views. Domerie's little summit was snow sculpted and gave a nice
Janet's TR for our trip: http://www.nwhikers.net/forums...
Elevation gain: approx. 3,145 feet
Trip type: scramble
USGS quad: Kachess Lake
In: Cle Elum River Area
Reference: Teanaway Country: A Hiking and Scrambling Guide to Washington's Central Cascades
Car-to-car time: 7 hours 23 minutes
- 2 hours 34 minutes ascending from start of road 4818 to point 4942
- 42 minutes ascending from point 4942 to summit of Mount Baldy
- 27 minutes ascending from summit of Mount Baldy to summit of Domerie Peak
- 34 minutes descending from summit of Domerie Peak to summit of Mount Baldy
- 2 hours 32 minutes descending from summit of Mount Baldy to start of road 4818
Copyright © 2007 Gabriel Deal.